Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Being Proactive......

Thinking back years ago to my childhood, I clearly remember occasionally feeling that life had dealt me a complicated "set of cards". In my memories there lingered a feeling of not having had the luck I perceived other peers of mine had........better homes, better vacations, etc, etc.

Why did I have to do 12 chores a day to get my school money? Why did I have to work during my "vacations" in order to have spending money? Why did I have to work after school to have money to go out and a car? And so on.....

Even though through time all that I remember achieving, in general terms, was continuous progression, I never stopped viewing my life as a victim of my circumstance and sadly only recently did I understand how this gravely affected my happiness as well as the happiness of the people closest to me.

The world around us as well as our lives are meant to share us in all the blessings, but everything we truly need has to come as a product of our effort. We need to learn to handle those things that bother us by restricting our reactive nature and taking control of our lives through the proactive engagement of life. This obviously is more easily said than done!

When difficult things present themselves to us, it is important we do not fall into a reactive nature, which finally only leads us to living our lives as victims of our surroundings, while loosing control of the opportunity to improve and develop our lives into what is our true potential..........this my friends, is where I hope I am today!

I have been working to transform my life from being a "victim" with a reactive nature, to restricting this nature, while proactively taking actions that are leading me to a happier and more prosperous life of true fulfillment for myself and for my family. This is not at all easy, but I can sincerely say that I and more than a few people have noticed this in me, which also motivates me to continue on!

Don´t answer me, but do ask yourself.........where am I today and what am I doing to achieve lasting fulfillment.........?



No comments:

Post a Comment