Sunday, May 16, 2010

Friendship.......

This last week I attended my elementry school 25 year class reunion. When I first heard about this plan I can´t say that I was completely "on board", but as time elapsed, I started to change my mind.

This event was what finally motivated me to me start facebooking and twittering, but most importantly, led me to the great opportunity of meet up with long lost friends!

In all truth I was a bit nervous prior to arriving to our class reunion. I didn´t know who I was going to meet and if I was going to be "up to par", but I brought myself to maintain an up beat attitude, all the while reassuring myself that others felt the same!

Finally when the moment came, I could only feel how greatful I was to have been a part of this memorable event. So many forgotten memories came back while enjoying the company of a great group of people with which I lived with for over 7 years! These years were the most innocent and joyful years of my life....maybe that´s why they call them the "wonder years"! All my friends, school faculty, and classmates were an enormous part of who I am today.

When I think about the incredible experience I enjoyed with my elementry school friends, I was reminded of the relevance of our friendships......good or bad, they are a big influence in our lives, so they mold us, mark us and influence us in many a way. Personally, I was very fortunate and, in consequence, can only be so very greatful for what each and every one of them contributed, through my contact with each of them, to what I am today.

I certainly wasn´t the best of role models as a friend, but this remembrance made me confirm how important our friends are in each of our lives. In consequence, it becomes obvious to me how we need to be more giving, plus never forget to value them all for having been a part of our lives. Friends will never be "perfect", but neither are we, so.......let´s start accepting and value them for what they truly are, while never forgetting that, if true, we also need to invest more of ourselves in them as we hope they do with us.

The more we invest, the more we will reap!
See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment