Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Importance of Being Authentic....

This is my first experience with blogging and after think long and hard about what to write about I finally came to the decision of talking about the importance of being authentic. Why? Well because this has been a personal challenge for me and I´ve seen how so many people close to me, family, business, and social acquaintances also have trouble being authentic. Why is this so difficult for so many of us? From childhood we are educated and in the process we´re, no doubt accidentally, made to curb our authenticity for many a logical reason but as adults we´re already too "molded" to really be ourselves in the various parts of our lives.

Maybe this is because of the fear of being judged and/or rejected by others, but I think that in the end we only cheat ourselves from true happiness and sincere progress when we and others don´t represent ourselves truthfully. If we think that by faking-it-out we will play the best or the correct part, and achieve what we want, we will only increase our own feeling of inadequacy because we are not being true to others nor to ourselves...........this can only add to our own frustrations!

This doesn´t mean that we shouldn´t try to be our best selves, to be prudent and courteous. I think we should always be able to express what we think and feel, but the way we go about expressing ourselves makes all the difference in the world.........the consciousness or attitude with which we say and do things is what I´m referring to.

At the end of the day, the question is.........are we better off being what we represent through our facades or being our true selves? I personally think we´re all better off by being authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment