Sunday, May 9, 2010

Taking Risks....

Today is Sunday, a week after my first blog, and I can´t help mentioning how liberated I felt all during the week. Expressing ones thoughts through the internet to the whole world, even though the amount of people having read it was surely limited, made me feel different in a good way.

Touching on the topic of authenticity helped me continue in this journey of personal acceptance and led me to start taking a few important risks, especially by accepting to be vulnerable, imperfect, and having made mistakes. This is so easy and obvious when you read this, but so very difficult to think of one self and accept that this is "ok" or even more challenging to open and reflect this vulnerability to others.

In life we all find ourselves in certain moments when we need to take risks and these risks should be taken, but they should be taken for the right reasons. Opening up to be truly authentic is one of these risks. Goals achieved without being authentic, through time, will only contribute to building-up more and more frustration, but the risk one takes to be true to ourselves, our convictions and our goals is a big one.

I can´t help thinking how important it is to find ways and moments to express ourselves as well as to pursue our dreams. It is as important to do this for our own selves as well as to facilitate this opportunity to others. I frequently ask myself if I´m living my dream? Are these dreams and goals for the common good or are they purely egotistical? Did these goals come about proactively or as a reaction to my circumstances? How can I begin the journey towards creating my dreams without negatively affecting people who are close to me? Am I capable of achieving these dreams or are they beyond me?

Is there anyone out there that feels the same???

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment